5 Feb 2016

BOSS The Scent | Fragrance Review


Whoop Whoop! Another great fragrance review – this time I’m talking BOSS The Scent. With Valentines’ Day looming or if you’re in the market for a new eau de toilette or aftershave and can’t work out which men’s fragrance is best – maybe consider BOSS The Scent? OR for those in the gift market, if you’re thinking what fragrance shall I buy my boyfriend for Valentines’ or his birthday – then have a read of this and get INSPIRED!

BOSS The Scent is a unique aftershave; it boasts an exclusive ingredient from Africa - an aphrodisiac Maninka fruit. Maninka is the backbone of The Scent, it has an interesting dry-fruit aroma that gives The Scent its seductive aura. Together with the leather, vanilla, woody base and spicy ginger top notes, it creates a distinctive scent.


Exquisite notes of Ginger, exotic and exclusive Maninka and virile Leather unfold over time. The effect is evocatively intoxicating (in a good way), crafted to incite the senses with an air of depth and enigma.

 The Scent is an Oriental Woody fragrance
  • Top Notes: Ginger, spices
  • Heart Notes: Maninka fruit
  • Base Notes: Leather accords, vanilla
The bottle and packaging of BOSS The Scent presents the evocative amber liquid set in a silver cage, as if somehow capturing this unfathomable essence of seduction.
I really love this aftershave from Hugo Boss!! I have to admit that the first time that I gave this a whiff, I wasn’t sold on it. But I gave it another tentative sniff a few months later and I was literally blown away! – it was nothing like I had smelled before.

It has a light and fruity, but still warm and robust aroma. I have never smelt something so elegant and gorgeously sensuous. Sensuous is the one word to describe this scent with.  This is my statement scent right now and I’m sure that this will be a staple fragrance for me, as it prompts images of a well-clad and groomed urbanite, sophisticated, but still up for a laugh. I feel like this will suit any man, as it's bold, classic and long lasting. BOSS The Scent is fresh enough to wear through the day, but also bold enough to splash on before an evening out - I find it so versatile! I usually have a preference for wearing lighter and fruity aftershaves – this being a different scent from something I would usually choose, its warmer and more heady but Hugo Boss have well and truly nailed it with this one in my eyes.

 I LOVE IT. I am obsessed with this fragrance and with good reason. Screaming quality, opulent masculinity and overall appeal. The great versatility means it will be staying in my toiletry bag for the foreseeable future!  And undoubtedly a staple in many a man’s toiletry bag.

BOSS The Scent is available online here at Boots and Fragrance Direct.

You can find me on   Follow me on Twitter   Follow on Instagram    



Clinique For Men Sonic & Charcoal Wash