22 Jan 2016

The Daniel Wellington St Mawes Watch


I know that this is something that I never write about – style or fashion but I recently received a Daniel Wellington St Mawes watch for my birthday and I’m so besotted that I’m dedicating a whole post to it.  


I am not really that into jewellery or accessories but I have always donned a watch since my primary school days. I’m quite particular when it comes to watches (my one & only watch I have for about 12 yrs!), as I have a slim wrist and I don’t want anything humongous that will emphasis this; vain I know!  


So I have been searching for a long time to find my perfect replacement and one day I stumbled across the Daniel Wellington watch and I knew instantly that it was the one. 

BACKGROUND ON Daniel Wellington:
Established in Uppsala in Sweden, just an hour’s drive from Stockholm, there is a story about how the watch came to be and their website states:
Filip Tysander, the founder of Daniel Wellington, met an intriguing gentleman from the British Isles. The man had the inspiring ability to be gentlemanly but still relaxed and unpretentious. He had an impeccable style, and loved to wear his watches on old weathered Nato straps. His name? Well, Daniel Wellington, of course. A strong friendship emerged between the two, and our founder was inspired not only by the man’s many great life stories but also by his class and timeless style of fashion”.

Daniel Wellington watches are manufactured and sent from Sweden and they are available at a few outlets; but they do sell from their main website. They offer a range of mens and ladies watches and most come with interchangeable straps. Others are fitted with a leather strap and each watch is available in silver or rose gold.

The mens watch measures 40mm by just 6mm making it a very thin watch. This is what really caught my attention; it’s so slim and comfortable to wear. They are also water resistant but they recommend that you avoid all contact with water.  All of the faces are in eggshell white which gives a very classic, clean and crisp appearance.

PACKAGING & PRESENTATION
I love the Daniel Wellington packaging. Mine arrived in a beautiful leather gift box which makes it feel like a real luxury item. In the box there is a manual, instructions and a 2 year guarantee. It also has a tool to remove the pins so that you can change the pins; you can customise you DW to your #OOTD (handy ).

MY THOUGHTS:
Overall a huge 
With its classic, minimalist and preppy look, the Daniel Wellington watch is thin; I agree with their description; in that it is elegant and would be suitable for every occasion. I think that it’s versatile to wear with a suit or throw it on to smarten up a jeans and tee combo. Being thin the watch is also light and easy to wear. I find that it doesn't get in the way and I actually forget I’m wearing it i.e. it isn't cumbersome and heavy. It’s not a watch that shouts ‘look at me’ it’s way more discrete and subtle than that, but it definitely stands out and you will get noticed with a DW watch.

Instead of numbers the DW has markers in the form of silver lines on the eggshell white face. I love this with that but some may find it difficult to read the time, having said that I've never had a problem. The strap is good quality too with the hardware matching the silver colour of the watch.
Overall I’m a fan. The Daniel Wellington watch is cool, current and classy. Its simplicity makes it appealing and extremely comfortable to wear.



The Daniel Wellington St Mawes Watch is available online at ASOS and The Watch Superstore. My DW watch was got in John Ross Jewellers in Tralee – if you have a DW stockist near you definitely go have a look - you can find them here.

You can find me on   Follow me on Twitter   Follow on Instagram  



Clinique For Men Sonic & Charcoal Wash