31 Jul 2015

Tom Ford Neroli Portofino Eau De Parfum


When I first sniffed and looked at Tom Ford Neroli Portofino it evoked visions of a picturesque Italian Riviera. I can almost hear the waves and the heat on a warm summer day.


Tom Ford Neroli Portofino is a unisex fragrance that has been inspired by the scents of citrus of the Italian Riviera. Neroli Portofino was created in 2007 by perfumer Rodrigo Flores-Roux, and in 2011 it was  relaunched in beautiful azure blue packaging with a collection of luxurious body products—soap, body scrub, body lotion and dry oil.


Neroli Portofino is a fabulous cologne. It starts off with a crisp citrus zing that instantly refreshes and awakens the senses which when paired with the zesty bergamot gives Neroli Portofino an exhilarating quality. It has a cool, crisp character. The green floral notes of neroli and orange blossom provide a soft, silky layer to the composition, while hints of warm amber rises up to join the soft florals and citrus scents that lend Neroli Portofino a classical elegance.

These are the notes of Tom Ford Neroli Portofino:
Top notes: neroli, citrus, green leaves
Middle notes: florals
Base notes: amber, woods

I feel that Tom Ford Neroli Portofino is a medium strength cologne that is more suited for the warmer months. But saying that I would definitely use this in the depths of the darkest coldest winter; to transport myself to that sun kissed vessel drifting lazily on crystal clear azure seas … if only! …

With its fresh sparkling blend of citrus, floral and amber notes Neroil Portofino will always be the perfect fragrance for summer with its blend of Mediterranean citrus notes and bright, summery floral ones. The fragrance has a beautiful powdery, old-soap fragrance about it, but with a surge of wild neroli and a light hint of Jasmine. While this might sound feminine and florally, this is most definitely a man’s fragrance. Throughout the day, the lighter notes and fruits fade off to leave a sultry yet fresh musk.

The reasonable strength of Neroli Portofino allows it to be worn at work or on the weekend. The neroli and floral combination make Tom Ford’s Neroli Portofino appropriate for daytime use; but I feel the fragrance is too light-hearted for evening events.

Tom Ford Neroli Portofino is a subtle but fantastic cologne. I can still remember when I opened it for the first time – I got a blast of the aroma of Neroli Portofino; and do you know what I loved it! Now I keep it stored in its box; so that every time I go to use it and I get that blast of neroli and the Italian Riviera …

Tom Ford Neroli Portofino Eau de Parfum is available here online at Brown Thomas and I would actually recommend grabbing it at the Loop in Dublin and Cork.



Clinique For Men Sonic & Charcoal Wash