13 Apr 2015

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo [+]


I know that La Roche-Posay's Effaclar Duo [+] has received countless reviews, but I am going to add another to the mix!!


Firstly, I should describe my skin. I have combination-normal skin but I do suffer from cystic acne. My T-zone is quite oily but my cheeks are normal (at least that's something, right?). When I first got the cystic acne, I thought there was something seriously wrong with me. Was it normal to have these HUGE RED SWOLLEN deep-under-the-skin spot that hurt so so so much? This was my first foray into the world of skincare to help cure what ailed me. I first used benzoyl peroxide but this dried out my skin and the cystic spots always seemed to rear their heads again. This led me on a quest to find other ways to tackle my cystic acne and its subsequent scarring.

Thus I found Effaclar Duo [+]. It claims were actually exactly what I was looking for.
It is specifically formulated to target the key signs of oily, blemish-prone skin.
Proven efficacy on:

  • Clinically proven to correct the appearance of blemishes
  • Unclogs blocked pores
  • Helps to refine skin texture
  • Controls the appearance of shine
  • New - Fights against the appearance of marks.
Unique formulation including NEW ACTIVE INGREDIENT ProceradTM [a patented Ceramide]
Niacinamide – a powerful anti-inflammatory

Piroctone Olamine – kills off the spot causing bacteria

LHA /Salicylic Acid – gently exfoliates skin reducing blocked pores

Linoleic Acid – anti-inflammatory that hydrates and helpsaids the healing process


 

So I tried it. This was the first skincare item that I actually used properly. Now it's no miracle worker but it helps keep skin clear, reduce acne scars and most importantly it helps reduce the redness and soreness of active breakouts. I use this every day and I'm on my third tube, in like 18 months. Which makes it excellent value. At the start I did use it morning and evening but for the last year, I only use it in the mornings. The texture is a dream for men's skin, its light and absorbs instantly and there is no fragrance.

Sounds pretty impressive, right? I've definitely been loving this over the last year. I think that if you suffer from blemishes of any kind, be it from a small pimple to colossal monstrosities, that La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo [+] is a safe bet and well worth giving it a try and you can find it here for €17.99.


Follow



Clinique For Men Sonic & Charcoal Wash